Recent studies by the Royal Commission show that Australians want to stay at home for as long as possible.
In-home care refers to receiving support to live in your own home by a professional carer, while care homes describe nursing homes, where multiple residents share accommodation with 24-hour support.
A common misconception about aged-care is that the only safe and practical option for people with high care needs is care-homes, but in fact home care is a safe and practical option.
Pros of In-home care
- Cost-effective In-home care is a personalised fee, so you can get as much or as little assistance as you need, unlike care-homes which have a fixed fee.
- Better for health and wellbeing. Being in a familiar environment is more relaxing and lowers stress levels.
- Promotes independence by supporting you to continue doing the things you want to do.
- Personalised care when you want it.
- Home care is suitable for people with dementia because there is a sense of security in ones home they have lived for a long time, being much less disorienting for people with memory issues. A loved one’s condition can decline more quickly in unfamiliar environments.
- Home maintenance cost and bills
- Home may need modifications
Pros of care homes
- Around the clock care by more than one carer
- Social environment as care homes have multiple residents living in the same facility which can reduce loneliness if you don’t have many friends.
- Moving from living in a familiar to a non-familiar place can result in a decline in health.
- Care homes are expensive, especially if you don’t need 24-hour care.
- Care homes may not offer specialised dementia services
- There is varying quality of Care homes
- Care homes have strict rules
- Fixed fees
- Care-homes have overheads such as mortgages, gas, electricity, and maintenance cost which customers will be charged for.
When looking for in-home care for yourself or loved-ones, Gratitude In-Home Care can help you with the process from start to finish. Look no further than Gratitude In-Home Care for any in-home care needs.
For more information, visit our website at: https://GIHC.com.au/ Call us on 1300 912 155. Contact us to have a no-charge, no-obligation chat to provide some clarity and we can discuss your options.
See the full blog at: https://gihc.com.au/blog/
Contact us today for a free home assessment, no-charge, no-obligation chat about your options.
We provide the following services:
- Personal care
- Palliative care
- Overnight & 24-hour care
- Respite care
- Medication assistance
- Nursing services
- After hospital care
- Shopping support and meal preparation
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Transport support
- Assistance with household tasks
- Community access
Contact us to have a no-charge, no-obligation chat about your options.
For more info, visit our website at: https://GIHC.com.au/ Call us on (03) 9863 6959, email us at email@example.com
#personalcare #inhomecare #caregiving #melbourne #agedcare #respitecare #palliativecare