Gratitude In-Home Care provides home care services to support the independence of elderly and disability clients from various cultural backgrounds in Northern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne.
We are currently looking for support workers to join our Ongoing Casual pool in Northern Region. We have vacancies in Bundoora, Reservoir, Thornbury, Northcote, Preston, Broadmeadows, Mill Park and Epping areas for IMMEDIATE start.
To be successful for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- Qualifications and experience in Aged Care or Home and Community Care.
- Prepared to take on transport shifts and have a current driver’s licence, a reliable roadworthy vehicle and full comprehensive car insurance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive and able to think on your feet.
- Have experience working with clients who have dementia or challenging behaviours or clients that may require palliative care is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience supporting clients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds would also be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compassionate, dedicated, reliable, honest, ethical, willing to learn, able to work autonomously
- Must be able to travel to various locations efficiently
You will be responsible for delivering quality care to clients in their own homes.
Duties may include:
- Personal care (showering, grooming, dressing)
- Domestic support (cleaning, meal preparation, laundry)
- Transport (to appointments, shopping, activity groups)
- In-home respite
- Providing companionship.
Shifts are available at various times of the day (including sleepover shifts) in accordance with the needs of the clients (1 to 3-hour minimum).
- Certificate III in Aged Care / Disability /Individual Support, or second year nursing students
- Fully COVID19 Vaccinated
- Victorian Driver’s License and reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Police Check (within 3 months)
- First Aid Certificate (within 3 years)
- CPR Certificate (within 1 year)
- Working with Children Check
- Infection Control Certificate
- Drivers Licence
- Smart phone
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (desirable)
- 2 professional references
You must be able to provide original copies of the above documents.
- Flexible hours
- Rewarding role to support your community
- Ability to spend one-on-one time with clients
- Training opportunities
- Competitive Numeration
- Continual support and professional development
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Friendly and supportive organizational culture
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $32 – $36 per hour