It is essential to know these tips to maintain eye health!
- give your eyes a break from screens every 20 minutes
- spending time outside can help protect your eyes.
- wear sunglasses outside to avoid damage caused by the sun.
- if you need prescription glasses, you should wear them to avoid strain on the eyes and headaches.
- check your expiry on cosmetics and replace brushes regularly to avoid eye infections.
- Regular exercise can lower pressure in your eyes and increase flow of blood to the optic nerve and retina.
- nutrients in a healthy diet reduce decline in eye health
- don’t smoke. Smoking increase eye health decline.
- book an eye test to detect problems before they arise.
- prioritise your eyes – you need them to last all your life.
We provide a range of home care support services for seniors. Send us a message, an email or call us on 03 9863 6149, or 1300 912 155.