This is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with the Service. It explains what your and our obligations are when undertaking a direct debit arrangement and forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Form.
Debiting your account
By signing the Direct Debit Form, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. You should refer to the Direct Debit Form and this agreement for the terms of the arrangement between us and you.
We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the Direct Debit Form.
If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited, you should ask your financial institution.
It is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit Form.
If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
· you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
· you may also incur fees or charges imposed or incurred by us; and
· you must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method; or
· you must arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
You should check your account statement to verify amounts debited from your account are correct.
If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly. Alternatively, you can notify your financial institution.
If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited, we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges). We will also notify you in writing the amount that your account has been adjusted.
If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited, we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
You should check:
· with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available.
· your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
· ask your financial institution for assistance if you need help completing the Direct Debit Form.