1. Complete the Aged care Assessment Application on the My Aged Care website. This assessment checks to see you if meet the eligibility criteria, current situation and if you need help with everyday tasks. If you prefer, you can call my aged care on 1800 200 422 to discuss your needs over the phone instead of the online application. If you have previously registered with My Aged Care, you will need to call. If you like, you can contact Gratitude In-Home Care on 1300 912 155 and one of our friendly staff will assist you through the application process.
2. When the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) has approved the assessment application, they will determine the best care options after a visit to your home and put you on the national waiting list which can take up to 12 months to become available.
3. My Aged Care will send you a letter to confirm that you’ve been assessed as eligible and what package level you’re eligible for and notify you that you’ve joined the national waiting list. *Note – You may request self-funded services with Gratitude In-Home Care while you’re waiting for your home care package to be made available
4. My Aged Care will send you a second letter when your package is 90 days from being available. At this stage you should complete an income and means assessment which decides if you need to contribute any fees based on your income and assets. This assessment may take less than a minute to complete.
5. My Aged Care will send you a third letter to confirm that your package is available. At this step, you have 56 days to enter an agreement with a home care services provider. If you choose Gratitude In-Home Care as your provider, one of our professionals will come to your home for a free safety assessment before commencing services. Find out today how Gratitude In-Home Care is different from other providers by visiting our website at gihc.com.au or giving us a call on 1300 912 155.
You can watch this video on YouTube by clicking here.
- Personal care
- Palliative care
- Overnight & 24-hour care
- Respite care
- Medication assistance
- Nursing services
- After hospital care
- Shopping support and meal preparation
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Transport support
- Assistance with household tasks
- Community access
Contact us to have a no-charge, no-obligation chat about your options.
For more info, visit our website at: https://GIHC.com.au/ Call us on (03) 9863 6959, email us at email@example.com