Seniors can benefit greatly from Art Therapy.
Art can be very therapeutic, satisfying, and can also give you a sense of purpose and belonging. Art can also help to improve physical and mental well-being.
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” – Pablo Picasso
- Art therapy may bring back memories that had been forgotten since memory loss.
- Participating in art regularly can improve blood flow, alleviating stiffness, and inflammation, which can relieve pain.
- Group Art therapy programs can be a good way for seniors to socialise with others, which has a lot of benefits such as helping to prevent mental decline.
- Art can aid in improving the confidence and reduce stress in individuals through self-expression. For individuals that are not able to easily express themselves with language, art can be very therapeutic.
Gratitude In-Home care can arrange art therapy sessions with individuals as well as any other services that government home care packages fund for, such as
• Personal care
• palliative care
• Overnight & 24-hour care
• Respite care
• Medication assistance
• Nursing services
• After hospital care
• Shopping support and meal preparation
• Gardening and home maintenance
• Transport support
• Assistance with household tasks
• Community access
• Allied Health Services
Prior to providing services, we will visit the client’s home and conduct a free home safety assessment and decide whether safety measures need to be put in place, such as non-slip mates in the bathroom, handrails, and lights.
For more info, visit our website at: https://GIHC.com.au Call us on (03) 9863 6149 or 1300 912 155 after hours, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a job as a care worker, send your resume to email@example.com or contact us.